This post is a bit of a mind dump where I share some of the amazing and not so amazing things that are swirling around in this here brain of mine.
- I’m thinking about all the bloggers who are at the Gold Coast at the moment attending the ProBlogger conference. A part of me is so ‘totes jelly’ but another part of me is relieved that I’m not there. I chose not to go because I had just spent some serious $$’s on a photography course, so couldn’t justify the expense. In hindsight, I also think that I am not ready for such a conference. I want to know and feel more in control of my destiny, feel more confident about what my blog is and will be, and be able to hand out my business cards with pride. That day is coming!
- Yes that day is coming because I am having visions, lots and lots of visions!! They mostly come to me at night when I lay my head down on my pillow to sleep (typical)! I have a name of my new blog. I know its new catchphrase. I know how I want it to look. I can visualise the graphics for its header and can even see my logo! I know what content I want on it. Now it is time for me to start taking baby steps towards achieving this new vision. I am very excited!
- I have decided that when the new blog goes live, MinsMash will end. I will not be transferring all the posts within MinsMash to the new blog. The new blog will be a fresh new start. MinsMash has been my therapy following a rough time in my life. It has been a saviour by allowing me to express myself, find myself, share my thoughts, meet new people and learn so many things about myself and the blogging world. It will be sad to let it go but necessary for me to move forward as I want to. Don’t worry – it will be quite a while away yet!
- I’m very excited to have purchased a new eBook called ‘Spirited’ written by Rachel of In Spaces Between and Tara of Such Different Skies. Perfect timing girls! This is just what I need to be reading at this moment. It has been downloaded today and I am so looking forward to reading through it! It looks beautiful! Check it out – here or here!
- I have finally got back to my photography studies. I went waaaaayy off course with that. I spent a day taking photographs for Part A of Module 4 and have completed that now. Next step is another photo shoot for Part B and then I can get Module 4 done and dusted!! Here are a couple of shots I took. We had to take landscape shots that used the full dynamic range of our camera’s. Living by the beautiful Moreton Bay, of course that was my landscape of choice.
- I had a couple of sneaky on-line purchases that beautifully kick-started this week with the exciting arrival of parcels – a beautiful Drapey Bloom Jacket (kimino style) from City Chic (see the jacket here) and some gorgeous Django & Juliette shoes from StyleTread (see my shoes here). What an awesome pop of colour and they are sooo comfortable to wear. LOVE THEM! 🙂 Here’s a photo I posted to Instagram the day they arrived.
- I am loving attending my mindfulness meditation classes (3 down, 4 to go) and my beginner’s course of Yoga (2 down, 4 to go). I will be continuing with yoga – for sure!!
- I’m excitedly awaiting the arrival of a yoga mat and carry bag that I ordered (ooops – yes another online purchase). It will allow me to practice my yoga at home and I can use the mat at my yoga lessons thereby not having to pay $2 each yoga class to use their studio mats.
- My sister and her two kids are coming to stay on 24 September. There is much to organise … like um … where are they going to sleep, what am i going to feed them, and I suppose I’ll need to clean the house!! It should be an interesting visit because whilst her kids ADORE my two doggies, my sister is NOT a dog person….at all! 😉
- I’ve finished reading ‘The Fiery Cross’ by Diana Gabaldon, the 5th book in her ‘The Outlander’ series (see my post on the series here). It was incredible. What a huge book! It took me awhile to read it! I received an email from the library today letting me know that the 6th book ‘A breath of snow and ashes’ is there ready for me to pick up! 🙂
- I’ve been reading a book on Self Compassion. I won’t say too much about it here because I may do a dedicated post on it in the future. However, I will share a quote from within the book which I really liked.
A human being is part of the whole, called by us “Universe”, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separate from the rest – a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.
-Einstein, The Einstein Papers
While there is lots more going on in this brain of mine, I’ll leave it there.
Wishing you all a fabulous weekend!
Linking up with With Some Grace’s #FYBF
Categories: General Mish Mash