I have this photograph in a frame in my bedroom. It is a colour photograph but I changed it to black and white for this post as it is not a good quality photograph. It was taken on a cheap camera – in the days before digital cameras. I am not sure, but I am guessing MissM is around 2 years of age (maybe a little older??) in this photo and so that would make this photograph circa 1997. I was a young thing in my early 30’s. Our eyes look a bit funny – that was my attempt at fixing the red-eyes!
Regardless of it not being the quality of photograph I would expect today, I love this photo. These are the memories that it stirs in me:
- How when your children are little, they think you are the wisest, bestest, smartest person in the whole wide world who knows and can fix and can do everything and anything!
- How when your children are little, they mimic what you do (just look at those matching poses)!
- The joy of having a little girl after having two little boys: dresses, pink, hair baubles, fairy wings, dolls etc (before I get any comments about how wonderful boys are too…I agree!! I love all my children equally!!)
- The days of being a stay at home mum: play group, kindy, meeting new friends through my children, craving adult company and conversation, being so very tired all the time, being in awe of these beautiful children my husband and I had created, loving watching them grow and learn, hanging out for when my husband got home from work!
- When I had short hair. Dare I do that again some day? I am thinking of changing my hair. I am bored with its current style. I want to go darker and shorter….but hmmm…not as short as in this photo.
That little girl will be 18 in May 2013. Here’s a little about her:
- She is now a University student studying a Bachelor of Fine Arts (Drama).
- She is performing in a children’s production at a community theatre every weekend until the end of March (performances started early February).
- She started a part-time job yesterday.
- She has a boyfriend.
- She is very smart and talented.
- She is a sensible girl.
- I couldn’t be more proud of her!
- After years and years of going to school where school shoes were worn every day and the need for a variety of comfy shoes was not so great, now that she is a University student we realise she needs new shoes and so we are off shopping today to find some for her!
Linking up today with:
With some Grace’s – Flog Yo Blog Friday
The Camera Chronicles – Flashback Friday
and … Twinkle in the Eye’s – Flash Blog Friday