I am grateful for this tapestry that I did many years ago and for all the memories it evokes when I look at it.
When I look at this tapestry it reminds me of many things:
- From as early as I can remember I have been an animal lover. I have so much empathy and compassion and love for them. I particularly love puppies and dogs but I love all animals (except toads!). I cannot bare to hear of any animal neglect or cruelty.
- It reminds me of when I was a teenager and was at a shopping centre and happened to walk past a pet shop where a beautiful little crossbred puppy all alone in its glass cage was looking sad and unhappy and was crying. I could not leave it there. My heart was breaking. It brought me to tears. I had some money because I worked part-time at Coles so I bought her. In my mind I was saving that puppy from a sad and unloved life. In hindsight it was a very impulsive and silly thing to do. My parents were not impressed. I named her Amy. She lived a long time. She was a mix of Australian Terrier and Corgi we think.
- It reminds me of when I first saw this tapestry and knew I had to have it. I was a young teenager and I loved the picture.
- It reminds me of when I was pregnant with my twins and had a bleed at 14 weeks – a threatened miscarriage – and was confined to bed for the remainder of the pregnancy. I was only allowed up to shower or go to the toilet! This was when I had the opportunity to finally finish this tapestry. I also did many other crafts during that long, long pregnancy!
- It reminds me of the pride I felt when it was finished and finally framed and hung on our wall.
I still love the picture all these years later and am still proud that it was all done by me (except the framing). I hope to find time to do some more crafts like this. It has been a long time.
I couldn’t resist including some closer up photos.
Categories: 365 Grateful Project