Yesterday I was very surprised to receive a message on the MinsMash facebook page from Mums TakeFive nominating me for a Liebster Award. Thank you!
So what is a Liebster Award? The award is given to support and recognise up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (on their blog) or likers (on their Facebook page). The word “Liebster” apparently has German origins and is reported to mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. By following some basic rules (answer 11 questions set by your nominee, write 11 questions of your own and pass the award onto 11 other bloggers to answer) it enables readers to get to know new bloggers and connect with a wider audience.
Here are the 11 questions that Mums TakeFive set for me. I will do my best to answer them!
1. What do you have for Breaky?
I usually have some home-made muesli which is a Michelle Bridges recipe. That’s what I had this morning. Sometimes I like some eggs and tomato with lots of pepper and sometimes I am a bit naughty and have some toast with vegemite and/or peanut butter.
2. Do you still send snail mail Christmas cards?
Yes – though it’s not one of my favourite things to do. Often my husband ends up writing most of them out except for ones that are to my family members or close friends. Sometimes I do a newsletter type thing up on the computer with some photos inserted updating on the family happenings throughout the year which gets inserted into the cards.
3. What is one Blog you always have a read of?
Nikki Parkinson’s ‘Styling You‘. I love it! I was always a skinny minny who could wear what I liked and then I had children and got older and my body changed… and I lost my fashion way a bit. Nikki helps me to understand what I can wear and that I can still wear nice things that flatter. You don’t have to be a young skinny minny to look good!
4. What was the last tv show you watched that you really enjoyed?
I’m not sure what the last tv show was that I really enjoyed but I guess this is where I can admit that I have been watching Big Brother!!
5. Do you read Magazines? If so which ones?
I do love a bit of celebrity gossip! I like to have a squiz through New Idea, Woman’s Day, Women’s Weekly. I really like Home Beautiful and Delicious magazines but don’t buy them on a regular basis.
6. Does your family know you Blog?
My husband and kids do but I don’t think they are particularly interested or read it – yet anyway! Two of my sisters know but I think only one of them would read it – the other one is not into computers at all. I haven’t told my parents. As they are not really acquainted with the on-line world I’m not sure they’d understand. I guess they’ll find out eventually!
7. What was the last item of clothing you bought for yourself? Tell us about it.
It was a top with 3/4 sleeves – striped with citrus colours. I took a selfie of me in it and it’s on instagram – or you can also see it on the MinsMash facebook page instagram feed! I also bought a new pair of jeans which are in the picture too.
8. If you are having a shocker of a day what do you do to try and make it better?
Time out. I take myself away from everything and usually immerse myself in a book or just lie down and clear my head.
9.Through your Blogging have you met anyone you would now consider a friend (cyber ones included)?
I’ve only been blogging for just over a month so haven’t really had a chance yet to form close friendships. I have met a blogger but not through my blog – it was last year and through a bootcamp of all things!
10. Do you use a Mop at home? What kind is it and does it work?
What an interesting question! We have acquired quite a few mops in this house – trying to find the right one! We did have the general mop where you buy the sponge attachment. I then decided to try a steam mop and got a Kenwood Steam Mop 5000. Whilst it’s good – it doesn’t get right up to the edges and doesn’t remove stubborn marks. I now have bought just a general rope type mop. However, a friend I had lunch with recently swears by her Bissell Steam Mop.
11. If you could do anything today. Anything at all no restrictions what would it be?
Go away to a health retreat for at least a week!. I have always wanted to go to one of those health retreats where you don’t have to cook and healthy food is provided and you can choose from daily activities – eg day spa choices (massage, facials etc), exercise choices (yoga, relaxation, bush treks etc)
My 11 nominated bloggers are:
- Phenomenal Woman
- Silly Mummy
- Take Charge Now
- Francesca Writes Here
- Enid Bite’Em
- The Crafty Expat
- Mum of Adult Kids
- Always Josefa
- A Dose of Dannie
The questions I have come up with for the above 11 bloggers are as follows:
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- Do you have a favourite Author? If so, who and why?
- What is one interesting fact about you that you have not revealed on your blog?
- What was the name of your first pet? What animal was it?
- Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
- Do you prefer summer or winter and why?
- What would be your choice for ultimate relaxation?
- Name the blog that you read the most and why?
- What is yours or your family’s most favourite meal to have for dinner?
- Name something that made you smile in the last week?
- What would we find in your handbag?